I guess I took a long siesta from blogging. My life all of a sudden got very hectic. I will give you a short synopsis of my past few months. These are not in chronological order.
- I started a new job as Administrative Assistant to the Student Ministries. This is an exciting new journey I am on. I have lots to learn, but love it. It is so amazing that God chose me for this job.
- My boys finally got moved and settled in their new homes. Dustin in St. Louis, and Cody in Murray, Ky. This was a transitions for all of us, but God has been gracious to help me adjust.
- I started teaching high school girls in Sunday school. This has really challenged me to study God’s word more thoroughly so that I can inspire these girls to live pure and holy lives set apart from this world…what a challenge.
- We had some unexpected circumstances come on us at once. Dustin’s car was stolen from his apartment complex in St. Louis. Two weeks later our truck was stolen from our driveway. Then Cody had two finder benders in the same day. It was a lot at once. Dustin got a good settlement from insurance. We had only liability since the truck was older and paid for, soooo we get nothing. Cody will get his car fixed. Then a man who is in our church, who has 7 sons was murdered while being robbed. Three of the sons were in our youth department. It was a very tough time. The funeral was a tribute to his life as a military genius, and godly man and wonderful husband and father…truly a loss. This put our stolen vehicles in perspective. Praise God we were not harmed.
- I have had some exciting things happen as well. I got to attend a Beth Moore conference in Memphis, TN. It was amazing. I love to worship with Travis, Beth and 20,000 women. God was truly in the FedEx Forum. Next, I won tickets to see Casting Crowns from KLOVE! The concert was “AWESOME”. Randy went to college with Mark Hall the lead singer, so we got to go back stage and hang out with the band. It was so surreal. Mark came up to Randy and gave him a big hug and asked what he was up to these days. That was a night to remember.
- Tanner was blessed with free tickets from his cousin, Ricky Lee, to the Memphis Motorspeedway to watch a NASCAR Nationwide Race. He was so excited. Randy took him to the race. They had a great time. He got to meet Kenny Wallace’s NASCAR hauler driver when they stopped for a bathroom break. He let Tanner look at his truck. Tanner also got his autograph. He was thrilled.
- David Platt an amazing preacher from Birmingham, AL came to Union University and preached in chapel. I was able to go and hear him speak. The main thing I remember about him is his gift of memorizing God’s Word. He quoted all of Psalm 119. He also at another time quoted Romans chapters 1-8. He is a gifted young preacher.
- Travis Cottrell came and did a concert at our church. He had his praise team with him and they sang with our choir. I can not tell you how inspiring and moving that was. I felt the presence of God in a powerful way. We also got to talk to Travis and meet his family. It turns out I knew his mother-in-law. She works at Union, and she is from my small town….small world.
- My youth pastor” boss “and his wife had a baby girl, India Caroline. This was an exciting time. I got to hold that sweet new-born baby girl. She was just perfect. Since I can’t have my own anymore I will spoil theirs.
- I am so blessed by my heavenly father who has given me such joy and peace through all of my trials. He has blessed me with a wonderful husband, 3 terrific sons, and a special family. I love them all so much. I also have amazing friends that God has brought into my life to bless me beyond measure. Thank you Lord for all you have given me. I am blessed to be your child.
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. ..(2 Pe 1:3-4).